Monday, July 4, 2022

The Viking Quilts are Finished! Moving on!

I just finished printing my labels for the Viking quilts! Yes, that's quilts, plural. I got so many stars that I ended up making 2. More money for the cause! I have also finished a quilt for someone special in CdA so I finally finished 3 bindings! Only 5 more bindings ready to tack down! The Viking quilts are lucky to be done so soon. There was a bad period in the middle. My gas was turned off from Mar 10 to April 22 thanks to a carbon monoxide leak and a landlord that didn't appear to care one bit if we were ok. Don't get me started! I ended up on a hotel for 26 days. Every day I entered my apartment (illegally, since we'd been red tagged and forced to evacuate. I'm such a rebel). I wore layers of clothes (temps in the 40's to 50's) and sewed for a bit on the scrappy backgrounds and extra bitty stars. I took them back to the hotel, pressed, squared up, and repeated every day. It was quite a month!
The big thing now is the Farmer's Market. I am making pouches and tote bags. I have so many made now that I'm good for the rest of the season! Once I get set up it's a lot of fun (unless a storm hits and pours rain). I had quite a haartbreaker in the storm. I stood there and watched the red on the quilt spread all over the top of my quilt. 3 loads with 3 color catchers each and it's back to normal!
As you can see, I'm still alive and quilting. So many ufo's, so little time!

No comments:

Post a Comment