Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Symphony in Brown

I have dubbed this collection of charity quilts "A Symphony in Brown". My friend Nancy Cohen Tomases showed up one day with a huge box, a garbage bag, and a bolt of fabric for comfort quilts. Oh boy (not). As I went through and sorted, it was obvious she was getting rid of browns, which she HATES. She tells me it was not all hers, but there sure was a lot of brown in there! I decided the best plan of attack was to cut it all into strips of various widths and make different patterns using a second color. I did brown with peach, brown with aqua, and brown with yellow, and then at the end I did brown with all 3. After 4 months of pretty much only working with browns I've called it quits for now. Gotta get them quilted!(I still have a good size box full of brown strips left over}. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment