Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Words Escape me on this one!

     Words escape me, really they do! Last year at our retreat we had a swap of fabrics, patterns, UFO's, stuff we didn't want any more. OMG I took home  a UFO project that is indescribable. All I can say is I hope the quilter has improved since then! My plan is/was to make a charity quilt from it but this may be beyond me! Two blocks were assembled and I took one partially apart to match up the center seam which was a full 1/4" off! The two blocks are not the same size and check out the sewing and pressing! I started taking apart pieces that had been started and none of the 1/2 square triangles are the same size. That was when I discovered that the quilter had backstitched 1/4" to 1/2" in from the edge! Taking apart is tough! Not to mention that the fabric is directional and going every which way! Still shaking my head on this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment