Thursday, April 4, 2019

It's All About the Blues

      After my dad passed away in August I just have not been able to get enthused about much of anything. I didn't do any Christmas projects, the kiddos didn't get ornaments, I didn't do my usual "January Project". I did layer a couple projects, quilted a couple small quilts (so I'd have enough pins for a big quilt, but really didn't do much. I have a pile of 6 quilts that need bindings and darn it the binding fairy still has not shown up! I was just forcing myself to work on things in my piles but not really enjoying myself. And here's the big one. I haven't bought any fabric since my birthday in July! I know I was depressed but just wasn't enthused.The Lonequilter was really alone.
This tote used to be stuffed to the top.
      Finally I came up with an idea for a project which I thought might be fun for me. I pulled out the tote of blues and greens, pulled out every piece that was smaller than 1/4 yard and started cutting strips of various sizes. I started with the X Marks the Spot quilt. Then I decided to make my favorite crazy log cabin. Then I went with the strippy block. The floor is covered with strips, there are scraps everywhere and I have 3 projects going on. The other night I sewed until 1:45 and forced myself to go to bed. Then the other day I realized something was different.. I was on my way to work, It was a nice day and I had been so busy sewing and cutting I had completely forgotten to take my Pokemon Go walk, which I do almost every day. I looked around and said to myself "You've turned the corner".
Oh Lordy, what a mess I have
to sort through!

Strippy
Crazy log cabin


X marks the spot

No comments:

Post a Comment