Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Why?

        2020 has been quite a year, hasn't it? When the world shut down and everyone stayed home I went to work and faced the public every day. Thank goodness for quilting to fill the leftover hours. I took on a lot of busywork projects and after months of sewing I didn't make much of a dent in the fabric. A couple weeks ago I needed a different project so I decided to make  a couple dog beds for my friend Nancy to donate. I had accumulated a big bag of scraps which were taking up space. I got the idea to dig out the big box of cotton duck that I had leftover from my flag making years (over 25 years ago!) After making and stuffing 2 beds I made 4 more that need stuffing and still had a LOT of fabric left over. 


      So what to do with this duck fabric? The only thing I could come up with was tote bags so I googled a couple patterns and jumped in. Good grief. I refuse to stop until the fabric is gone but what in the world will I do with all these bags? 


      Then a ziploc bag fell into my hands with unfinished pouches and lots of zippers. So I decided to use up all the zippers. Still a lot of big zippers left but I'm done with that craziness. What to do with all these pouches? 

     







 Not to mention the knitting. I started knitting and crocheting hats for cancer patients after my experience. Mom gave me all her leftover yarn and supplies and now I am making slippers too! All sizes and colors and can't stop. Every few months I pick up a skein of yarn on sale for variety and just keep knitting along. What to do with all these slippers?



      I don't know. Why?

No comments:

Post a Comment