Sunday, April 22, 2012

Sometimes a new toy can be very motivational!

      I decided to make the strippy X Marks the Spot from the Fabric Therapy blog that I highlighted last time. I have been sewing strips and chunks and scraps for a couple days now and so far have completed 8 blocks. I started sewing the center pieces and realized that the blogger was right--you need a square ruler to make it easier to finish so I headed off to Joanne and used my coupon and got a 8 1/2" square ruler and now I wonder how I survived all this time without it. I have so many other ideas for things to do using it! I have been digging into the scrap bucket and all the strip boxes. One thing I have noticed is that there is no blue! I did 3 different scrappy quilts in the last couple years using blues so all the blues are missing from each box! Guess it is time to start cutting again!

No comments:

Post a Comment